MJC (Madras Jeep Club) wanted to create an opportunity for a meet up where family members can also be part of. A ground work done by Deepak, Kirubakaran and Yogesh of close to 3 months got around 15 families participation. True to the name of Yercaud Trails the stay was in GRT Trails one of the best Resorts in Yercaud right at the 20th hair pin bend.
As they say any trip starts with a bang. It literally happened with thee JC punctures. True to the word of jeepers drive together. Fellow Jeepers stayed to help each other.
MJC wanted everyone to have a feel of how the trails would be as we have seen videos of other trails hence it was organised with help of Mr Razaq of Yercuad. We were taken to a scenic 1000 acre estate having 10 KM trails. This was an awesome experience ,the beauty was all Jeepers managed this trail in midst of jungle type estate with ease and as pro’s.
MJC had written to FCA for support and support was arranged by FCA in the form of Salem Jeep Dealer True Sai. They were throughout the trails to provide support for us during the trails. This trail completed without any hick ups.
The convoy travelling on a 16 km stretch from heart of yercaud was a sight to see for the locales as many took videos of the convoy and jumped on an opportunity to take photos. Many stopped to ask if it was any shooting or what was happening
There were surprised families at GRT who had stopped me and asked what is this story of so many Jeep Compass around and I was questions as I was wearing Jeep AG t shirt. Benefits of merchandise. The family was so shocked of our unity and all he could say was “I am surprised that a metal has bought unity of families”. He thanked me saying now I can sleep peacefully as now I know.
For 15 families being there and meeting for the first time it never felt like that. My son quoted – “Dad I had a nice time during this trip. Even though all 15 families met for the first time. It never felt like that unknown faces meeting. It was like a family trip“
For this trip we had 11 jeeps from Chennai and 4 from Karnataka. Two Jeepers from Nellai joined and Dharmapuri also joined us.
All is well that ends well. On May 1st Jeepers decide to do something for the Mother Nature also. We thus planted saplings at GRT trails premises. A small give back to Mother Nature.
Special thanks to PSH and Hemanth for being with us and guiding us through the trials. We were surprised by their energy and knowledge.
29th April, 2018
- 0545 – 0600 hrs – Assemble near Sriperumbudur Toll plaza on NH 4.
- 0600 hrs – Leaving together as a convoy of 13 vehicles.
- 0730 – 0830 hrs – Pit stop for breakfast Murugan Idli Shop, Vellore District, Kaveripakkam.
- 0830 – Continue Journey.
- 1130 – Pitstop for Photography on NH 44 near Thoppur (2 families from Bangalore will meet us during the journey).
- 1230 – 1300 hrs – Arrive at Cenneys Gateway Salem and have lunch.
- 1400 – Continue journey.
- 1500 – Arrive at GRT Great Trails Yercaud.
- 1600 hrs – Short trip to Pagoda view point and photoshoots.
- 1830 hrs – back to hotel.
- 1930 – 2000 hrs – assemble for dinner with campfire.
30th April, 2018
- 0730 – 0830 hrs – Breakfast.
- 0900 – 1700 Hrs – MJC Adventure thrilled off-roading in Yercaud consists a total distance of 10 km, dividing into 2 sessions (5 km each) with lunch in between. The Regional FCA Team will join MJC convoy with a support vehicle that will be equipped to deal with repairs, punctures and tow ropes. Now regarding the off-roading track and location, MJC has finalized on Grange resort Off Road adventures for providing us support with the trail track.
Hotel GRT Great Trails Yercaud is coordinating with FCA and Grange resort to make all the necessary arrangement, so that lunch can be planned at same location where off-roading is taking place. All the Jeep Compass participating in this event are 4×2 vehicles. We hope FCA along with Grange resort Off Road adventures can provide us trilling off-roading entertainment.
- 1730 hrs – Back to resort.
- 1830 hrs – 2030 hrs – Fun activities with dinner.
01st May, 2018
- 0730 – 0830 hrs – Breakfast
- 0900 – 1030 hrs – Fun Activities
- 1100 – 1200 hrs – Check out
- 1200 – 1330 hrs – Lunch followed by drive back to Chennai / Bangalore
- 1600 – 1630 hrs – Pit stop for snack break @ A2B / Woodlands Ulundeurpet
- 1930 hrs – Arrive Chennai
MADRAS JEEP CLUB